The Beginner’s Guide To Setting Up A Twitter Account
Twitter is a great way to connect with customers and build your box. You have the opportunity to connect in 140 characters or less. Like any social network, it’s all about how you use it. Let’s get started.
Step 1: Sign Up
Go to: https://twitter.com/
Fill out the signup form to the right and click “Sign up for Twitter”.
On the next page, choose your username and click “Create my account”.
Step 2: Follow People
Start following people you know. You can also follow your favorite artists, actors, brands and even CrossFit.
I highly recommend that you load your contacts from your email addresses and following people you already know.
Step 3: Image and Bio
Now you simply upload a photo and fill out your bio. For a photo, you may want to use something that is recognizable since it’s going to be the image of your profile.
That’s basically it for setting up your Twitter account. Easy, right?
1. Start following people and companies that are relevant to you. Especially local people.
2. Start tweeting regularly. Shoot for once or twice a day to start.
You can tweet:
- New blog posts
- New photos
- Helpful information
- Relevant news about your business or local events
- Funny jokes
- Great Quotes
- Connect with people or companies
- Thank people
- Share things you’re interested in
The list is infinite.
3. Stay consistent and plan for the long haul. You will most likely not get tons of leads right away…unless of course Lady Gaga or Justin Beiber would somehow tweet about you. But don’t rely on it.
There are two key words here: Consistency and Relevance. Those are key words for dealing with any social media.
Good luck tweeting.