Help! What Social Media Networks Should I Use To Promote My Box?
It seems like there’s a new social network launched every day. Well…there probably is. It can be frustrating to know which ones you should use and which ones you shouldn’t. Everyone says to get on social media, but not many can tell you exactly how to use it to get quality leads for your business.
Here’s the deal: There is no perfect social network!
The best social network is the one you are actually going to use.
You could easily sign up for every single social networking site, but what’s the point if you’re not active on them? In some cases this could actually hurt you, because it could make your box look iactive. You’d be better off by choosing one social networking site and being highly active on it and developing a strong community.
Let’s say you create a Facebook page for your box. You could ask your current members to join. You could add new photos weekly. You could post status updates. You link to interesting articles or blogs. The point is to be active and develop a strong community.
For a CrossFit Box – Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn may be your best choices. This is because they are easy to setup, have millions of users and are extremely popular.
1. Pick 1 or 2 social networking sites to sign-up form.
2. Fill them out a fully as possible
3. Gain friends or followers
4. Regularly update them and be sure to stay active long-term
Remember, social media is not a magic pill. Simply view it as a tool. But if you stay consistent with it in the long-term – it could pay off quite well.
Ready? See our guides below to setup the basics
- The Beginner’s Guide To Setting Up A Facebook Page
- The Begginer’s Guide To Setting Up A Twitter Account
- The Beginner’s Guide To Google Places
- The Beginner’s Guide To Setting Up A Yelp Page
Need help? Lets chat!